CSA Contact Number
Call our Child Support Agency Contact Number connection service. Calls cost 7p/min plus your phone providers access charge. If you have a question or require assistance with arranging child maintenance, call CSA Phone Number – 0843 515 9092 now. We are not affiliated with the CSA.
When calling the CSA Contact Number, you will be asked for some personal information to identify yourself. This simple security check could be a check of your National Insurance number, address, full name, or date of birth. You will then be free to discuss your matter with the advisor. They are trained to answer queries no matter how small and simple, or large and complex. These could include arranging child maintenance, helping you with a problem with your existing child support arrangement and much more. Call the Child Support Agency Number on 0843 515 9092 to find out more.
If you would rather not call the CSA Contact Number because you prefer to write or email, then don’t panic. We have listed some other ways to contact your local office. This is now the only way to make a new application for Child Maintenance.
Local CSA Offices
- Belfast (Serving Eastern England) – Child Support Agency, PO Box 30, Newtownabbey, BT58 1AF.
- Birkenhead (North West England) – Child Support Agency, PO Box 31, Chester, CH70 8DN.
- Dudley (Midlands) – Child Support Agency, PO Box 36, Birmingham, B99 1DW.
- Falkirk (North East England and Scotland) – Child Support Agency, PO Box 20, Edinburgh, EH91 5BD.
- Hastings (South East England) – Child Support Agency, PO Box 258, St Leonards-on-Sea, TN38 1GP.
- Plymouth (South West England) – Child Support Agency, PO Box 43, Plymouth, PL95 8DL.
You can also contact the following fax and textphone number for general enquiries only: 0845 713 8924
CSA Contact Number – Opening Hours
You can call the Child Support Agency number between 8am and 8pm Monday – Friday, 9am – 5pm Saturday. The team are not available to take your call on Sundays, but answers to frequently asked questions can be found on their website.
Child maintenance is money that is paid for a child’s everyday living costs. This is primarily used when parents separate to ensure both parents are contributing to the upbringing costs of any children they may have. Child maintenance can be agreed by yourself without the need for exterior help, only if both partners can agree on an amount and honor that agreement.
If an amount cannot be agreed then you may need the help of the Child Support Agency who will decide an appropriate amount that will need to be paid and will set up how often this will need to be paid.
Child Support Agency
Child Support Agency can help to arrange and agree on child maintenance fees. They will step in and try and help in many different situations including:
- Step in and try to find the other parent if you don’t know where they live
- Sort out disagreements about parentage
- Work out how much child maintenance should be paid
- Arrange for the ‘paying’ parent to pay child maintenance
- Pass payments on to the ‘receiving’ parent
- Look at the payments again when changes in parents’ circumstances are reported
- review payment amount every year
- Take action if payments aren’t made
Child Support Calculator
To find out an estimate of how much you might get in child maintenance then take a look on the Government’s website and follow the instructions. This is only an estimate so it is best to call for more information and an accurate estimation. Speak to an advisor today on 0843 515 9092.
Changes in Detail
Either parent should contact the Child Maintenance Service or CSA if:
- The paying parent’s income changes
- You want to close your case
- You want to change from using a payment collection service to a Maintenance Direct or Direct Pay service or vice versa
- There is a change to the number of nights a child stays with the paying parent – known as ‘shared care’. Tell the service which child or children the change applies to and how many nights shared care there are
Paying parents must report if:
- They move house (give your new address within 7 days of moving)
- Start or stop getting benefits
- Change their phone number (including mobile number)
- Start or stop working for an employer
- Start or stop being self-employed
- Become unemployed
How do I apply for child maintenance?
You need to apply for child maintenance through the Child Maintenance Service. To find out more information call the Child Support Agency on 0843 515 9092 and speak to an advisor.
How do I appeal?
If you are unhappy with a decision made by the CSA then you can appeal the payment amounts. An appeal can take several months to go through and you should appeal within one month of the date of your decision letter.
To do this you must first contact the CSA or Child Maintenance Service to let them know of your grievance and ask if they will review your decision again. This is a mandatory step when appealing a decision so must always be complied with. If you are still unhappy about the decision then you can always appeal to an independent tribunal.
How do I complain?
Contact the CSA on 0843 515 9092 and make them aware of your grievance. If you are still not happy then complaints resolution team will take over your complaint
Who can make a child maintenance arrangement?
If you and your ex-partner can agree on the arrangement (the amount to be paid and when) then this can be set up by yourselves with no outside help. If this is not the case and an amount account be agreed upon then you will need to contact the CSA or child maintenance service to get it arranged.
How long does it take to make a child maintenance arrangement?
It usually takes around 6 weeks from sending in your application. But this is depending on the information given and the co-operation of both parties.
If you experience problems with this CSA Contact Number, please contact us. We aim to keep the information on this website as up-to-date as possible.
Don’t forget to rate your call experience with CSA Contact Number – 0843 515 9092 using the stars below.